Sunday, August 29, 2010

CBS Sunday Morning - Farmers Markets

A few weeks ago my 25 year old son mentioned that CBS Sunday Morning was must-see TV for him. Odd for a 25 y/o to say about a TV show that airs at 6:00am.  I remember watching this show when Charles Kurault  was the host but for whatever reason I got away from it (6:00am!!).

I am now 2 weeks into the show again and I must say it is full of great and genuinely interesting segments.  Today there was a story about the explosion of farmers markets around the country. My wife and I like to frequent the Farmers Market in Morgan Hill and for whatever reason the trip to the farmers market is so much more fulfilling than a trip to Safeway. I truly appreciate the commitment these small local farmers have to growing great produce.  It's actually pretty easy to create a great meal with such fresh organically grown ingredients.

From where I sit the Farmers Markets rock!



No comments:

Post a Comment